Today, we’re doing something different. Most of you know, I’m a writer. And I’m working on my first novel, hoping to have it done within the next few months. (Fingers crossed!)
Well, there’s a great deal of learning to do at the beginning, as I’m sure most of you can agree with. SO I am using today to ASK QUESTIONS. These, of course, aren’t only for me. But this will help anyone just starting out. And hopefully, you’ll have fun with it!! 🙂 You’ll find the questions below. Answer as many as you would like in the comments section. As I said, this *I’m certain* will benefit not only me, but many of us new writers. So thank you!!! 🙂
And, as always, thanks for stopping by and showing your support!!
1) What is your favorite inspirational quote?
I do adore quotes! I may do a blog post, solely about quotes one day!
2) What does your writing process entail?
3) What should be included between the covers of a book? (Besides the story, of course.)
4) How should the table of contents be formatted?
5) Is it important to name/title your chapters?
6) How many chapters are too many?
7) I once read that each chapter should have the same number of words/pages. How important is this?
8) How do you create your characters?
9) Can you have too much dialogue?
10) What are your tips for descriptive elements? (For both setting the scene & describing the characters.)
11) Where does your book cover design come from? How do you create the idea?
12) Does adding an epilogue to your first book interfere with creating a second?
13) What’s the one major piece of advice you would give to a first-time novel writer?
14) How did you select your editor and/or publisher?
15) What’s your best marketing/promoting tip?
16) What’s the biggest lesson you learned from your first book?
17) Have you ever participated in a Writers’ Retreat? What was your experience like?
18) Any last notes or words of inspiration or encouragement you would like to leave?