Today is one of my favorite days of the whole year!! Yes, I’m that girl… the one that loves all things horror. The Halloween fanatic. I totally own my weirdness.
In the fun spirit of the holiday, I wanted to share some fun facts about myself, all related to spooky topics.
- The Halloween movie series is my favorite. (Side note: I absolutely loved this year’s Halloween movie. JLC is phenomenal!)
- I love finding the random $5 scary movie collections at Wal-Mart. The ones that usually consist of horrible cliches and acting. They’re entertaining to watch.
- I believe in ghosts or spirits, the world of the unknown.
- I’ve had my own experiences with the paranormal, including what I believe was my great grandmother. (Find that story here.)
- I love exploring abandoned buildings and even cemeteries. I enjoy learning the history of such places and am genuinely fascinated by people’s stories. (I think this is part of the reason it’s so important for me to share people’s stories on my site.)
- One of the most interesting places I’ve been to is Maple Hill Cemetery in Huntsville, Alabama. This, if I’m not mistaken, is the largest cemetery in my state. There’s a lot of history there. I was able to attend a special event where they have actors come in to reenact people’s lives. I plan to post some tidbits about Maple Hill soon.
- I’ve been known to go all out for Halloween night, creating my own creepy props.
- I’ve only been to one haunted attraction, and I had to be forced to go. It was okay. I prefer the real stuff, unless it’s a movie.
- Growing up, my grandmother (and family) hosted a big Halloween festival/party. Complete with a *fake* fortune teller, haunted trail, and hayride. Those are some of my fondest memories. I live in her house now and would absolutely love the opportunity to do that again.
- I have a WIP that’s a horror screenplay about a college campus with a serial killer. I’ve seen the entire story play out, I just need to get it fully typed up.
Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing this special day with me. I encourage you to create your own post & share with your readers. There isn’t much better than connecting with people. Especially when we’re all a little cooky. 😉
Until next time………………………… Stay Scary!!